New Aerosmith album on side American Idol

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Share :
Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler said on the band would start work on its first new studio album in a decade, and promised that his new gig as a judge on "American Idol" would not get in the way.

As for staunch Aerosmith fans criticizing his new day job? He’s not too worried about that either.

“All the TV is getting is that other side of me. If Aerosmith fans don’t see that, then all they are choosing to see is the side of me that’s onstage,” Tyler said. “I get to be less colored by the songs I've written, and more from the songs they sing. I get to be more vulnerable.”

"I know (guitarist) Joe (Perry) has got some licks and I've got a bunch of songs that I've written for solo and/or Aerosmith, and next Saturday, we start."

He said his bandmates would join him in Los Angeles, where he will tape "American Idol." The show's 10th season premieres on Wednesday.

There was also that nasty public tiff last year between Tyler and Joe Perary after the guitarist questioned Tyler's commitment to the band, and even went on to announce he’d audition vocalists to replace him if necessary.

Aerosmith has sold more than 150 million albums since forming in 1970, but a 2009 feud between Tyler and his bandmates threatened to break up the so-called "Bad Boys of Boston." (reuters.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home